വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല:വിക്കി പഞ്ചായത്ത് (സാങ്കേതികം)

വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല സംരംഭത്തിൽ നിന്ന്
Jump to navigation Jump to search
വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല പഞ്ചായത്ത്
വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല പഞ്ചായത്ത്
       
നിലവറ
സംവാദ നിലവറ
1 -  2 -  3 -  4 -  ... (up to 100)


Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

Please consider translating the message.

This event does not have a logo yet, you may help to create one.

Hello,

Hope this email finds you well. We want to inform you about Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021, an online wiki-event to be conducted from 19 – 21 February 2021 during the occasion of International Mother Language Day. Please see the event page here. also Please subscribe to the event-specific newsletter to get regular news and updates.

Get involved

  1. Please help in creating a logo for the event.
  2. This event has a "Request for Comments" portal, where we are seeking your opinion on different topics. Please consider sharing your comment and expertise.
  3. We need help to translate a few messages to different Indian languages. Could you help?

Happy Diwali. On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021, with regards, using MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം), sent at 19:37, 13 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Thank you for your participation and support[തിരുത്തുക]

Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it

Wikisource-logo-with-text.svg

Dear all,
Greetings!
It has been 15 days since Indic Wikisource Proofreadthon 2020 online proofreading contest has started and your communities have been performing extremely well.
However, the 15 days contest comes to end on today, 15 November 2020 at 11.59 PM IST. We thank you for your contribution tirelessly for the last 15 days and we wish you continue the same in future events!

Apart from this contest end date, we will declare the final result on 20th November 2020. We are requesting you, please re-check your contribution once again. This extra-time will be for re-checking the whole contest for admin/reviewer. The contest admin/reviewer has a right revert any proofread/validation as per your language community standard. We accept and respect different language community and their different community proofreading standards. Each Indic Wikisource language community user (including admins or sysops) have the responsibility to maintain their quality of proofreading what you have set.

Thanks for your attention
Jayanta (CIS-A2K)
Wikisource Program officer, CIS-A2K

Tech News: 2020-47[തിരുത്തുക]

15:37, 16 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:09, 20 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)

Tech News: 2020-48[തിരുത്തുക]

17:19, 23 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)

Global bot policy proposal: invitation to a Meta discussion[തിരുത്തുക]

Contribution of User:Shashanka Chandra Das[തിരുത്തുക]

Dear All, @Balasankarc, @Manojk, @Manuspanicker, @Vssun, @Surekha Kamath, @991joseph:, please check the contribution of @Shashanka Chandra Das: of proofreading quality and approved the same for Indic Wikisource Proofreadthon 2020. With Assume good faith, probably he/she may know the Malayalam language to proofread. Kindly give your feedback and comments within 10 days. Jayantanth (സംവാദം) 20:09, 29 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)[reply]

@Jayantanth: I just checked some of his contributions. He simply saved the pages proofread after adding some formatting. He didn't make any text correction. Also, pages he created using OCR were saved the same way. Adding to that, I can clearly say he didn't even read the text on page or source. Here is one best example. Text on page and source isn't the same. Yet he saved it proofread!--ജോസഫ് 05:25, 30 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Festive Season 2020 edit-a-thon on 5-6 December 2020[തിരുത്തുക]

Festive Season 2020 edit-a-thon is on 5 – 6 December 2020

Namaskara/Hello,

Hope you are doing well. On 5–6 December, A2K will conduct a mini edit-a-thon on the theme Festivals of India. This edit-a-thon is not restricted to a particular project and editors can contribute to any Wikimedia project on the theme. Please have a look at the event page, and please participate. Some tasks have been suggested, please feel free to expand the list.

Regards. Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 09:04, 30 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and Watchlist[തിരുത്തുക]

Tech News: 2020-49[തിരുത്തുക]

17:45, 30 നവംബർ 2020 (UTC)

WMWM 2021 Newsletter #1[തിരുത്തുക]

Namaskar,

You are receiving this notification as you are one of the subscriber of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Newsletter. We are sharing with you the first newsletter featuring news, updates and plans related to the event. You can find our first issue here. If you do not want to receive this kind of notification further, you can remove yourself from here.

Sent through MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 17:57, 1 ഡിസംബർ 2020 (UTC)[reply]

2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11th[തിരുത്തുക]

Tech News: 2020-50[തിരുത്തുക]

16:15, 7 ഡിസംബർ 2020 (UTC)

Tech News: 2020-51[തിരുത്തുക]

21:34, 14 ഡിസംബർ 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

00:52, 15 ഡിസംബർ 2020 (UTC)

Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Newsletter #2[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello,
The second edition of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 newsletter has been published. We have started a logistics assessment. The objective of the survey is to collect relevant information about the logistics of the Indian Wikimedia community members who are willing to participate in the event. Please spend a few minutes to fill this form.

There are other stories. Please read the full newsletter here.

To subscribe or unsubscribe the newsletter, please visit this page. --MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 01:40, 17 ഡിസംബർ 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2020-52[തിരുത്തുക]

20:54, 21 ഡിസംബർ 2020 (UTC)

Submission Open for Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it

Hello,

We are excited to announce that submission for session proposals has been opened for Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021, the upcoming online wiki-event which is to be conducted from 19 – 21 February 2021 during the occasion of International Mother Language Day. The submission will remain open until 24 January 2021.

You can submit your session proposals here -
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Wikimeet_India_2021/Submissions
Click here to Submit Your session proposals

A program team has been formed recently from highly experienced Wikimedia volunteers within and outside India. It is currently under the process of expansion to include more diversity in the team. The team will evaluate the submissions, accept, modify or reject them, design and finalise the program schedule by the end of January 2021. Details about the team will come soon.

We are sure that you will share some of your most inspiring stories and conduct some really exciting sessions during the event. Best of luck for your submissions!

Regards,
Jayanta
On behalf of WMWM India 2021

Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Newsletter #3[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello,
Happy New Year! The third edition of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 newsletter has been published. We have opened proposals for session submissions. If you want to conduct a session during the event, you can propose it here before 24 Jamuary 2021.

There are other stories. Please read the full newsletter here.

To subscribe or unsubscribe the newsletter, please visit this page. -- MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 08:56, 1 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-02[തിരുത്തുക]

15:42, 11 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Newsletter #4[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello,
Happy New Year! The fourth edition of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 newsletter has been published. We have opened the registration for participation for this event. If you want to participate in the event, you can register yourself here before 16 February 2021.

There are other stories. Please read the full newsletter here.

To subscribe or unsubscribe the newsletter, please visit this page.MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 16:12, 17 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-03[തിരുത്തുക]

16:10, 18 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)

[Small wiki toolkits] Understanding the technical challenges[തിരുത്തുക]

Greetings, hope this message finds you all in the best of your health, and you are staying safe amid the ongoing crisis.

Firstly, to give you context, Small wiki toolkits (SWT) is an initiative to support small wiki communities, to learn and share technical and semi-technical skills to support, maintain, and grow. In India, a series of workshops were conducted last year, and they received good response. They are being continued this year, and the first session is: Understanding the technical challenges of wikis (by Birgit): Brainstorming about technical challenges faced by contributors contributing to language projects related to South Asia. The session is on 24 January 2021, at 18:00 to 19:30 (India time), 18:15 to 19:45 (Nepal time), and 18:30 to 20:00 pm (Bangladesh time).

You can register yourself by visiting this page! This discussion will be crucial to decide topics for future workshops. Community members are also welcome to suggest topics for future workshops anytime at https://w.wiki/t8Q. If you have any questions, please contact us on the talk page here. MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 16:39, 19 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]


അഭിപ്രായങ്ങൾക്കുള്ള അപേക്ഷ-Proofreadthon[തിരുത്തുക]

പ്രിയ സുഹൃത്തുക്കളേ,
ഞാൻ ഇവിടെ ഒരു ചർച്ചയും അഭിപ്രായങ്ങൾക്ക് ഉള്ള അപേക്ഷയും തുടങ്ങിവച്ചിട്ടുണ്ട്. കഴിഞ്ഞ വർഷം നമ്മൾ രണ്ട് Proofread-Edithon മത്സങ്ങൾ നടത്തിയിരുന്നു. ഇൻഡിക് ഭാഷകളിലെ ഗ്രന്ഥശാലകളുടെ ഭാവി തീരുമാനിക്കാൻ താങ്കളുടെ അഭിപ്രായങ്ങളും നിർദ്ദേശങ്ങളും വളരെയധികം ആവശ്യമുണ്ട്. ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് ആണ് എല്ലാവർക്കും മനസ്സിലാകുന്ന ഭാഷ എങ്കിലും താങ്കളുടെ
മാതൃഭാഷയിൽ സംസാരിക്കാൻ മടിക്കേണ്ടതില്ല. 11:58, 23 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-04[തിരുത്തുക]

18:31, 25 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[തിരുത്തുക]

Wikimania's logo.

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Please help translate to your language. നന്ദി!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 15:16, 27 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Project Grant Open Call[തിരുത്തുക]

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsഫലകം:Atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 08:01, 28 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[Small wiki toolkits] Upcoming bots workshops: Understanding community needs[തിരുത്തുക]

Greetings, as you may be aware that as part of Small wiki toolkits - South Asia, we conduct a workshop every month on technical topics to help small wikis. In February, we are planning on organizing a workshop on the topic of bots. Bots are automated tools that carry out repetitive, tedious and mundane tasks. To help us structure the workshop, we would like understand the needs of the community in this regard. Please let us know any of

  • a) repetitive/mundane tasks that you generally do, especially for maintenance
  • b) tasks you think can be automated on your wiki.

Please let us your inputs on workshops talk page, before 7 February 2021. You can also let me know your inputs by emailing me or pinging me here in this section. Please note that you do not need to have any programming knowledge for this workshop or to give input. Regards, KCVelaga 13:45, 28 ജനുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Call for feedback: WMF Community Board seats & Office hours tomorrow[തിരുത്തുക]

(sorry for posting in English)

Dear Wikimedians,

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. Below you will find the problem statement and various ideas from the Board to address it. We are offering multiple channels for questions and feedback. With the help of a team of community facilitators, we are organizing multiple conversations with multiple groups in multiple languages.

During this call for feedback we publish weekly reports and we draft the final report that will be delivered to the Board. With the help of this report, the Board will approve the next steps to organize the selection of six community seats in the upcoming months. Three of these seats are due for renewal and three are new, recently approved.

Participate in this call for feedback and help us form a more diverse and better performing Board of Trustees!

Problems: While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. This problem was identified in the Board’s 2019 governance review, along with recommendations for how to address it.

To solve the problem of capacity, we have agreed to increase the Board size to a maximum of 16 trustees (it was 10). Regarding performance and diversity, we have approved criteria to evaluate new Board candidates. What is missing is a process to promote community candidates that represent the diversity of our movement and have the skills and experience to perform well on the Board of a complex global organization.

Our current processes to select individual volunteer and affiliate seats have some limitations. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. Meanwhile, our movement has grown larger and more complex, our technical and strategic needs have increased, and we have new and more difficult policy challenges around the globe. As well, our Movement Strategy recommendations urge us to increase our diversity and promote perspectives from other regions and other social backgrounds.

In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. What process can we all design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees?

Ideas: The Board has discussed several ideas to overcome the problems mentioned above. Some of these ideas could be taken and combined, and some discarded. Other ideas coming from the call for feedback could be considered as well. The ideas are:

  • Ranked voting system. Complete the move to a single transferable vote system, already used to appoint affiliate-selected seats, which is designed to best capture voters’ preferences.
  • Quotas. Explore the possibility of introducing quotas to ensure certain types of diversity in the Board (details about these quotas to be discussed in this call for feedback).
  • Call for types of skills and experiences. When the Board makes a new call for candidates, they would specify types of skills and experiences especially sought.
  • Vetting of candidates. Potential candidates would be assessed using the Trustee Evaluation Form and would be confirmed or not as eligible candidates.
  • Board-delegated selection committee. The community would nominate candidates that this committee would assess and rank using the Trustee Evaluation Form. This committee would have community elected members and Board appointed members.
  • Community-elected selection committee. The community would directly elect the committee members. The committee would assess and rank candidates using the Trustee Evaluation Form.
  • Election of confirmed candidates. The community would vote for community nominated candidates that have been assessed and ranked using the Trustee Evaluation Form. The Board would appoint the most voted candidates.
  • Direct appointment of confirmed candidates. After the selection committee produces a ranked list of community nominated candidates, the Board would appoint the top-ranked candidates directly.

Call for feedback: The call for feedback runs from February 1 until the end of March 14. We are looking for a broad representation of opinions. We are interested in the reasoning and the feelings behind your opinions. In a conversation like this one, details are important. We want to support good conversations where everyone can share and learn from others. We want to hear from those who understand Wikimedia governance well and are already active in movement conversations. We also want to hear from people who do not usually contribute to discussions. Especially those who are active in their own roles, topics, languages or regions, but usually not in, say, a call for feedback on Meta.

You can participate by joining the Telegram chat group, and giving feedback on any of the talk pages on Meta-Wiki. We are welcoming the organisation of conversations in any language and in any channel. If you want us to organize a conversation or a meeting for your wiki project or your affiliate, please write to me. I will also reach out to communities and affiliates to soon have focused group discussions.

An office hour is also happening tomorrow at 12 pm (UTC) to discuss this topic. Access link will be available 15 minutes before the scheduled time (please watch the office hour page for the link, and I will also share on mailing lists). In case you are not able to make it, please don't worry, there will be more discussions and meetings in the next few weeks.

Regards, KCVelaga (WMF) 16:30, 1 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-05[തിരുത്തുക]

22:38, 1 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Research Needs Assessment for Indian Language Wikimedia (ILW) Projects[തിരുത്തുക]

Dear All,

The Access to Knowledge (A2K) team at CIS has been engaged with work on research on Indian language Wikimedia projects as part of the APG since 2019. This year, following up on our learnings from work so far, we are undertaking a needs assessment exercise to understand a) the awareness about research within Indian language Wikimedia communities, and identify existing projects if any, and b) to gather community inputs on knowledge gaps and priority areas of focus, and the role of research in addressing the same.

We would therefore request interested community members to respond to the needs assessment questionnaire here:
Click here to respond

Please respond in any Indian language as suitable. The deadline for this exercise is February 20, 2021. For any queries do write to us on the CIS-A2K research talk page here MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 17:08, 3 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Newsletter #5[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello,
Greetings!! The fifth edition of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 newsletter has been published. We have opened the registration for participation for this event. If you want to participate in the event, you can register yourself here before 16 February 2021.

There are other stories. Please read the full newsletter here.

To subscribe or unsubscribe the newsletter, please visit this page.
MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 17:49, 3 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Newsletter #5[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello,
Greetings!! The fifth edition of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 newsletter has been published. We have opened the registration for participation for this event. If you want to participate in the event, you can register yourself here before 16 February 2021.

There are other stories. Please read the full newsletter here.

To subscribe or unsubscribe the newsletter, please visit this page.
MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 17:53, 3 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![തിരുത്തുക]

Please help translate to your language

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 13:25, 6 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, interface administrator, etc.) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.

We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no logged actions for more than 2 years):

  1. Vssun (administrator)

These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.

However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, --علاء (സംവാദം) 18:20, 7 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-06[തിരുത്തുക]

17:42, 8 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-07[തിരുത്തുക]

17:56, 15 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)

[Small wiki toolkits] Bot workshop: 27 February[തിരുത്തുക]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we are happy to announce the second workshop of this year. The workshop will be on "bots", and we will be learning how to perform tasks on wiki by running automated scripts, about Pywikibot and how it can be used to help with repetitive processes and editing, and the Pywikibot community, learning resources and community venues. Please note that you do not need any technical experience to attend the workshop, only some experience contributing to Wikimedia projects is enough.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

Please sign-up on the registration page at https://w.wiki/yYg.

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, 10:11, 18 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-08[തിരുത്തുക]


00:17, 23 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-09[തിരുത്തുക]


19:08, 1 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)

Wikifunctions logo contest[തിരുത്തുക]

01:50, 2 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-10[തിരുത്തുക]

17:51, 8 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)

WMF Community Board seats: Upcoming panel discussions[തിരുത്തുക]

As a result of the first three weeks of the call for feedback on WMF Community Board seats, three topics turned out to be the focus of the discussion. Additionally, a new idea has been introduced by a community member recently: Candidates resources. We would like to pursue these focus topics and the new idea appropriately, discussing them in depth and collecting new ideas and fresh approaches by running four panels in the next week. Every panel includes four members from the movement covering many regions, backgrounds and experiences, along with a trustee of the Board. Every panel will last 45 minutes, followed by a 45-minute open mic discussion, where everyone’s free to ask questions or to contribute to the further development of the panel's topics.

To counter spamming, the meeting link will be updated on the Meta-Wiki pages and also on the Telegram announcements channel, 15 minutes before the official start.

Let me know if you have any questions, KCVelaga (WMF), 08:36, 10 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-11[തിരുത്തുക]

23:22, 15 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on "Debugging/fixing template errors" - 27 March[തിരുത്തുക]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we are happy to announce the third workshop of this year. The workshop will be on "Debugging/fixing template errors", and we will learn how to address the common template errors on wikis (related but not limited to importing templates, translating them, Lua, etc.).

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, 07:01, 16 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-12[തിരുത്തുക]

16:53, 22 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-13[തിരുത്തുക]

17:30, 29 മാർച്ച് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-14[തിരുത്തുക]

19:41, 5 ഏപ്രിൽ 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultations[തിരുത്തുക]

Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2[തിരുത്തുക]

Please help translate to your language

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.

Drafting Committee: Call for applications[തിരുത്തുക]

The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.

To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.

2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translators[തിരുത്തുക]

From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.

To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.

-- Xeno (WMF) (talk) 22:19, 5 ഏപ്രിൽ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Global bot policy changes[തിരുത്തുക]

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on "Designing responsive main pages" - 30 April (Friday)[തിരുത്തുക]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we would like to announce the third workshop of this year on “Designing responsive main pages”. The workshop will take place on 30 April (Friday). During this workshop, we will learn to design main pages of a wiki to be responsive. This will allow the pages to be mobile-friendly, by adjusting the width and the height according to various screen sizes. Participants are expected to have a good understanding of Wikitext/markup and optionally basic CSS.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

If you are interested, please sign-up on the registration page at https://w.wiki/3CGv.

Note: We are providing modest internet stipends to attend the workshops, for those who need and wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. More information on this can be found on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, 15:51, 19 ഏപ്രിൽ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-16[തിരുത്തുക]

16:48, 19 ഏപ്രിൽ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-17[തിരുത്തുക]

21:24, 26 ഏപ്രിൽ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-18[തിരുത്തുക]

15:43, 3 മേയ് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-19[തിരുത്തുക]

15:10, 10 മേയ് 2021 (UTC)

Call for Election Volunteers: 2021 WMF Board elections[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello all,

Based on an extensive call for feedback earlier this year, the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees announced the plan for the 2021 Board elections. Apart from improving the technicalities of the process, the Board is also keen on improving active participation from communities in the election process. During the last elections, Voter turnout in prior elections was about 10% globally. It was better in communities with volunteer election support. Some of those communities reached over 20% voter turnout. We know we can get more voters to help assess and promote the best candidates, but to do that, we need your help.

We are looking for volunteers to serve as Election Volunteers. Election Volunteers should have a good understanding of their communities. The facilitation team sees Election Volunteers as doing the following:

  • Promote the election and related calls to action in community channels.
  • With the support from facilitators, organize discussions about the election in their communities.
  • Translate “a few” messages for their communities

Check out more details about Election Volunteers and add your name next to the community you will support in this table. We aim to have at least one Election Volunteer, even better if there are two or more sharing the work. If you have any queries, please ping me under this message or email me. Regards, KCVelaga (WMF) 05:21, 12 മേയ് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-20[തിരുത്തുക]

13:49, 17 മേയ് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-21[തിരുത്തുക]

17:07, 24 മേയ് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-22[തിരുത്തുക]

17:05, 31 മേയ് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-23[തിരുത്തുക]

20:02, 7 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[തിരുത്തുക]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 23:06, 11 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-24[തിരുത്തുക]

20:26, 14 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)

Wikimania 2021: Individual Program Submissions[തിരുത്തുക]

Wikimania logo with text 2.svg

Dear all,

Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.

Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.

Below are some links to guide you through;

Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.

Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.

Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.

Best regards,

MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 04:19, 16 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team

Candidates from South Asia for 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board Elections[തിരുത്തുക]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may be aware, the Wikimedia Foundation has started elections for community seats on the Board of Trustees. While previously there were three community seats on the Board, with the expansion of the Board to sixteen seats last year, community seats have been increased to eight, four of which are up for election this year.

In the last fifteen years of the Board's history, there were only a few candidates from the South Asian region who participated in the elections, and hardly anyone from the community had a chance to serve on the Board. While there are several reasons for this, this time, the Board and WMF are very keen on encouraging and providing support to potential candidates from historically underrepresented regions. This is a good chance to change the historical problem of representation from the South Asian region in high-level governance structures.

Ten days after the call for candidates began, there aren't any candidates from South Asia yet, there are still 10 days left! I would like to ask community members to encourage other community members, whom you think would be potential candidates for the Board. While the final decision is completely up to the person, it can be helpful to make sure that they are aware of the election and the call for candidates.

Let me know if you need any information or support.

Thank you, KCVelaga (WMF) 10:03, 19 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-25[തിരുത്തുക]

15:49, 21 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)

Editing news 2021 #2[തിരുത്തുക]

14:15, 24 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)

Server switch[തിരുത്തുക]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:19, 27 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-26[തിരുത്തുക]

16:32, 28 ജൂൺ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-27[തിരുത്തുക]

17:33, 5 ജൂലൈ 2021 (UTC)

Wikisource Satisfaction Survey 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

ltr Hello!

Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language

In the past year, there has been a lot of changes to Wikisource features and tools. This was done by the Community Tech team at the Wikimedia Foundation, grantees funded by the Foundation or through projects like Google Summer of Code. We would like to understand what you feel about the changes. Tell us what you think about such tools as the Wikisource Pagelist Widget or the new Ebook Export tool.

Take the survey in English, French, Spanish, Polish, Hindi or Punjabi. The deadline is 25th July 2021.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement (English, Spanish, French, Polish, Hindi and Punjabi).

If you prefer to send your answers via email, copy the text of the survey and send to sgill@wikimedia.org.

If you have any questions or feedback about the survey, write to me at sgill@wikimedia.org.

നന്ദി! SGill (WMF) 22:30, 16 ജൂലൈ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[Wikimedia Foundation elections 2021] Candidates meet with South Asia + ESEAP communities[തിരുത്തുക]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, the 2021 Board of Trustees elections are from 4 August 2021 to 17 August 2021. Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect four candidates to a three-year term.

After a three-week-long Call for Candidates, there are 20 candidates for the 2021 election. This event is for community members of South Asian and ESEAP communities to know the candidates and interact with them.

  • The event will be on 31 July 2021 (Saturday), and the timings are:
  • India & Sri Lanka: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
  • Bangladesh: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
  • Nepal: 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm
  • Afghanistan: 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
  • Pakistan & Maldives: 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm

KCVelaga (WMF), 10:00, 19 ജൂലൈ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-29[തിരുത്തുക]

15:31, 19 ജൂലൈ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-30[തിരുത്തുക]

21:11, 26 ജൂലൈ 2021 (UTC)

ഇൻഡിക് വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല തെറ്റുതിരുത്തൽ യജ്ഞം ആഗസ്ത് 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

Wikisource-logo-with-text.svg

കഴിഞ്ഞ വർഷത്തെ പരിപാടികൾക്ക് താങ്കൾ നൽകിയ പിന്തുണയ്ക്കും പങ്കാളിത്തത്തിനും നന്ദി അറിയിക്കട്ടേ. നമ്മുടെ ഇന്ത്യൻ ക്ലാസിക് സാഹിത്യത്തെ ഡിജിറ്റൽ ഫോർമാറ്റിൽ സമ്പുഷ്ടമാക്കുന്നതിൻറെ ഭാഗമായി സിഐഎസ്-എ 2 കെയുടെ ആഭിമുഖ്യത്തിൽ ഈ വർഷവും ഓൺലൈൻ ഇൻഡിക് വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല തെറ്റുതിരുത്തൽ യജ്ഞം 2021 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് മാസത്തിൽ നടത്തുന്നു.

ഇതിനെന്തൊക്കെ വേണം

  • ബുക്ക്‌ലിസ്റ്റ്: പ്രൂഫ് റീഡ് ചെയ്യേണ്ട പുസ്തകങ്ങളുടെ ഒരു ശേഖരം. നിങ്ങളുടെ ഭാഷയിൽ നിന്ന് കുറച്ച് പുസ്തകം കണ്ടെത്താൻ ദയവായി ഞങ്ങളെ സഹായിക്കുക. യൂണിക്കോഡ് ഫോർമാറ്റ് ചെയ്ത വാചകം ഉള്ള ഏതെങ്കിലും മൂന്നാം കക്ഷി വെബ്‌സൈറ്റിലെ പുസ്തകമാവരുത്.. ദയവായി പുസ്തകങ്ങൾ ശേഖരിച്ച് ഞങ്ങളുടെ ഇവന്റ് പേജിൽ പുസ്തക പട്ടിക ചേർക്കുമല്ലോ. ഇവിടെ വിവരിച്ചിരിക്കുന്ന പകർപ്പവകാശ മാർഗ്ഗനിർദ്ദേശം പാലിക്കാൻ പ്രത്യേകം ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുമല്ലോ. പുസ്തകം കണ്ടെത്തിയ ശേഷം, പുസ്തകത്തിന്റെ പേജുകൾ <pagelist/> എന്ന രീതിയിൽ പരിശോധിച്ച് സൃഷ്ടിക്കേണ്ടതാണ്.
  • പങ്കെടുക്കുന്നവർ: ഈ പരിപാടിയിൽ പങ്കെടുക്കാൻ പങ്കെടുക്കുന്നവരുടെ വിഭാഗത്തിൽ ദയവായി നിങ്ങളുടെ പേര് Participants ചേർക്കുക.
  • നിരൂപകൻ: ദയവായി ഈ തെറ്റ്തിരുത്തൽ യജ്ഞത്തിൻറെ അഡ്മിനിസ്ട്രേറ്റർ/റിവ്യൂവർ എന്ന നിലയിൽ സ്വയം ഉത്തരവാദിത്തമേറ്റെടുത്ത് നിങ്ങളുടെ നിർദ്ദേശം ഇവിടെ ചേർക്കുക. അഡ്മിനിസ്ട്രേറ്റർ / അവലോകകർ എന്നിവർക്കും ഈ തെറ്റ്തിരുത്ത യജ്ഞത്തിൽ പങ്കെടുക്കാം.
  • സമൂഹ മാധ്യമങ്ങളിലെ പ്രചാരണം: ദയവായി എല്ലാ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ചാനലുകളിലേക്കും ഈ പരിപാടിയെ സംബന്ധിച്ച വാർത്തകൾ പ്രചരിപ്പിക്കാൻ എല്ലാ ഇന്ത്യൻ വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല കമ്മ്യൂണിറ്റി അംഗങ്ങളോടും ഞാൻ വിനീതമായി അഭ്യർത്ഥിക്കുന്നു, കൂടാതെ നിങ്ങളുടെ സ്വന്തം ഗ്രന്ഥശാല സൈറ്റ് അറിയിപ്പും ഉപയോഗിക്കുമല്ലോ.
  • അവാർഡുകൾ: ഈ പരിപാടിയുടെ ഭാഗമായി ചില സമ്മാനങ്ങൾ നൽകാനും CIS-A2K ആലോചിക്കുന്നു.
  • സാധൂകരിച്ചതും തെറ്റുതിരുത്തിയ പേജുകളും എണ്ണാനുള്ള ഒരു മാർഗ്ഗം: ഇൻഡിക് വിക്കിസോഴ്‌സ് മത്സര ഉപകരണങ്ങൾ Indic Wikisource Contest Tools
  • സമയം: 2021ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 15 മുതൽ 2021 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 31 വരെ 23.59 (IST)
  • നിയമങ്ങളും മാർ‌ഗ്ഗനിർ‌ദ്ദേശങ്ങളും: അടിസ്ഥാന നിയമങ്ങളും മാർ‌ഗ്ഗരേഖകളും ഇവിടെ വിവരിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നു.
  • സ്കോറിംഗ്: വിശദാംശങ്ങൾ സ്കോറിംഗ് രീതി ഇവിടെ വിവരിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നു.

ഈ വർഷം നിരവധി ഇൻഡിക് വിക്കിസ്രോതസ്സുകൾ വീട്ടിൽ ലോക്ക്ഡൗൺ ആയിരിക്കുമെന്ന് ഞാൻ ശരിക്കും പ്രതീക്ഷിക്കുന്നു.

ഈ വർഷം വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല ഉള്ളടക്കം കൂടുതൽ സമ്പുഷ്ടമാകുമെന്ന പ്രതീക്ഷയോടെ,
Jayanta (CIS-A2K)
വിക്കിഗ്രന്ഥശാല പ്രോഗ്രാം ഓഫീസർ, CIS-A2K

Tech News: 2021-31[തിരുത്തുക]

20:47, 2 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)

2021 WMF Board election postponed until August 18th[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello all,

We are reaching out to you today regarding the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. This election was due to open on August 4th. Due to some technical issues with SecurePoll, the election must be delayed by two weeks. This means we plan to launch the election on August 18th, which is the day after Wikimania concludes. For information on the technical issues, you can see the Phabricator ticket.

We are truly sorry for this delay and hope that we will get back on schedule on August 18th. We are in touch with the Elections Committee and the candidates to coordinate the next steps. We will update the Board election Talk page and Telegram channel as we know more.

Thanks for your patience, KCVelaga (WMF), 03:49, 3 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-32[തിരുത്തുക]

16:21, 9 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-33[തിരുത്തുക]

19:27, 16 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[തിരുത്തുക]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session (recorded 16 August)
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Xeno (WMF) 22:46, 17 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Election is open: 18 - 31 August 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three-week-long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.

The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to vote for the selection of community and affiliate trustees. By voting, you will help to identify those people who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. Voting closes 31 August 2021.

Read the full announcement and see translations on Meta-Wiki.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding voting. KCVelaga (WMF), 06:11, 18 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[തിരുത്തുക]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), 06:24, 18 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Update on the OCR Improvements[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello! Sorry for writing in English. Please help translate to your language.

The OCR Improvements are complete. We, the Community Tech team, are grateful for your feedback from the beginning to the last stage when we were finalizing the interface.

Engine improvements[തിരുത്തുക]

OCR menu in toolbar
Reliability

Prior to our work, the OCR tools were separate gadgets. We have added "Wikimedia OCR." It is available under one icon inside the toolbar on all Wikisource wikis. This tool supports two other OCR tools, Tesseract and Google OCR. We expect these tools to be more stable. We will maintain Wikimedia OCR.

The gadgets will remain available. The communities will have sovereignty over when to enable or disable these.

Speed

Prior to this work, transcription would take upwards of 40 seconds. Our improvements average a transcription time under 4 seconds.

Advanced Tools improvements[തിരുത്തുക]

Multi-language support in advanced tools.png
Multiple-language support

Documents with multiple languages can be transcribed in a new way.

  1. Open the Advanced Options
  2. Select the Languages (optional) field
  3. Search for and enter the languages in order of prevalence in the document.
UI Crop tool in Advanced tools
Cropping tool / Multi-column support

We have included a Cropper tool. It allows to select regions to transcribe on pages with complicated layouts.

OCR onboarding.png
Discoverability and accessibility of OCR

We have added an interface for new users. It is pulsating blue dots over the new icon in the toolbar. The new interface explains what OCR means and what transcription means in Wikisource.

We believe that you will do even more great things because of these changes. We also hope to see you at the 2022 Community Wishlist Survey. Thanks you again for all your opinions and support.

Please share your opinions on the project talk page!

NRodriguez (WMF) and SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:57, 19 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-34[തിരുത്തുക]

21:58, 23 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)

Read-only reminder[തിരുത്തുക]

A maintenance operation will be performed on Wednesday August 25 06:00 UTC. It should only last for a few minutes.

This will affect your wiki as well as 11 other wikis. During this time, publishing edits will not be possible.

Also during this time, operations on the CentralAuth will not be possible (GlobalRenames, changing/confirming e-mail addresses, logging into new wikis, password changes).

For more details about the operation and on all impacted services, please check on Phabricator.

A banner will be displayed 30 minutes before the operation.

Please help your community to be aware of this maintenance operation. നന്ദി!

20:35, 24 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)

[Reminder] Wikimedia Foundation elections 2021: 3 days left to vote[തിരുത്തുക]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, Wikimedia Foundation elections started on 18 August and will continue until 31 August, 23:59 UTC i.e. ~ 3 days left.

Members of the Wikimedia community have the opportunity to elect four candidates to a three-year term.

Here are the links that might be useful for voting.

We have also published stats regarding voter turnout so far, you can check how many eligible voters from your wiki has voted on this page.

Please let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), 05:40, 29 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-35[തിരുത്തുക]

16:01, 30 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2021 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an end[തിരുത്തുക]

Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.

6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.

Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.

20:50, 1 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-36[തിരുത്തുക]

15:20, 6 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[തിരുത്തുക]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 00:23, 7 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Results of 2021 Wikimedia Foundation elections[തിരുത്തുക]

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2021 Board election. The Elections Committee has reviewed the votes of the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, organized to select four new trustees. A record 6,873 people from across 214 projects cast their valid votes. The following four candidates received the most support:

  • Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
  • Victoria Doronina
  • Dariusz Jemielniak
  • Lorenzo Losa

While these candidates have been ranked through the community vote, they are not yet appointed to the Board of Trustees. They still need to pass a successful background check and meet the qualifications outlined in the Bylaws. The Board has set a tentative date to appoint new trustees at the end of this month.

Read the full announcement here. MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 02:56, 8 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct EDGR conversation hour for South Asia[തിരുത്തുക]

Dear Wikimedians,

As you may already know, the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of behaviour for collaboration on Wikimedia projects worldwide. Communities may add to this to develop policies that take account of local and cultural context while maintaining the criteria listed here as a minimum standard. The Wikimedia Foundation Board has ratified the policy in December 2020.

The current round of conversations is around how the Universal Code of Conduct should be enforced across different Wikimedia platforms and spaces. This will include training of community members to address harassment, development of technical tools to report harassment, and different levels of handling UCoC violations, among other key areas.

The conversation hour is an opportunity for community members from South Asia to discuss and provide their feedback, which will be passed on to the drafting committee. The details of the conversation hour are as follows:

You can also attend the global round table sessions hosted on 18 September - more details can be found on this page. MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 10:47, 10 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[തിരുത്തുക]

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org with questions.

Xeno (WMF) 16:50, 10 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Server switch[തിരുത്തുക]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (സംവാദം) 00:46, 11 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Talk to the Community Tech[തിരുത്തുക]

ltr

Read this message in another languagePlease help translate to your language

Hello!

As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.

Agenda

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (സംവാദം) 03:04, 11 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-37[തിരുത്തുക]

15:35, 13 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-38[തിരുത്തുക]

18:32, 20 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)

Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[തിരുത്തുക]

This is a short message with an update from the Movement Charter process. The call for candidates for the Drafting Committee closed September 14, and we got a diverse range of candidates. The committee will consist of 15 members, and those will be (s)elected via three different ways.

The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:

  • Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
  • Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
  • Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.

The community elections will take place between October 11 and October 24. The other process will take place in parallel, so that all processes will be concluded by November 1.

For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (wikimedia2030@wikimedia.org).

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 02:46, 22 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-39[തിരുത്തുക]

22:22, 27 സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-40[തിരുത്തുക]

16:31, 4 ഒക്ടോബർ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-41[തിരുത്തുക]

15:30, 11 ഒക്ടോബർ 2021 (UTC)

മൂവ്മെന്റ് ചാർട്ടർ ഡ്രാഫ്റ്റിംഗ് കമ്മിറ്റിയിലെ അംഗങ്ങൾക്കുള്ള തിരഞ്ഞെടുപ്പിനുള്ള വോട[തിരുത്തുക]

മൂവ്മെന്റ് ചാർട്ടർ ഡ്രാഫ്റ്റിംഗ് കമ്മിറ്റിയിലെ അംഗങ്ങൾക്കുള്ള തിരഞ്ഞെടുപ്പിനുള്ള വോട്ടിംഗ് ഇപ്പോൾ തുറന്നിരിക്കുന്നു. ആകെ, ലോകമെമ്പാടും നിന്നുള്ള 70 വിക്കിമീഡിയന്മാർ 7 സീറ്റുകളിലേക്കാണ് ഈ തിരഞ്ഞെടുപ്പിൽ മത്സരിക്കുന്നത്.

വോട്ടിംഗ് ഒക്ടോബർ 12 മുതൽ ഒക്ടോബർ 24, 2021 വരെ (ഭൂമിയിൽ എവിടെയും) തുറന്നിരിക്കുന്നു.

സമിതിയിൽ ആകെ 15 അംഗങ്ങൾ ആണ് ഉണ്ടാവുക: ഓൺലൈൻ കമ്മ്യൂണിറ്റികൾ 7 അംഗങ്ങൾക്ക് വോട്ട് ചെയ്യുന്നു, 6 അംഗങ്ങളെ വിക്കിമീഡിയ അഫിലിയേറ്റുകൾ സമാന്തര പ്രക്രിയയിലൂടെ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കും, കൂടാതെ 2 അംഗങ്ങളെ വിക്കിമീഡിയ ഫൗണ്ടേഷൻ നിയമിക്കും. 2021 നവംബർ 1-നകം കമ്മിറ്റിയെ കൂട്ടിച്ചേർക്കാനാണ് പദ്ധതി.

നിങ്ങൾ ഇഷ്ടപ്പെടുന്ന ഭാഷയിൽ നിങ്ങളുടെ വോട്ട് അറിയിക്കാൻ ഓരോ സ്ഥാനാർത്ഥിയെയും കുറിച്ച് അറിയുക: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Candidates>

ഡ്രാഫ്റ്റിംഗ് കമ്മിറ്റിയെക്കുറിച്ച് അറിയുക: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee>

ഈ തെരഞ്ഞെടുപ്പിനായി ഞങ്ങൾ ഒരു വോട്ടിംഗ് ഉപദേശ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷൻ പൈലറ്റ് ചെയ്യുന്നു. ടൂളിലൂടെ സ്വയം ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്യുക, ഏത് സ്ഥാനാർത്ഥിയാണ് നിങ്ങളോട് ഏറ്റവും അടുത്തതെന്ന് നിങ്ങൾക്ക് കാണാം! ഇവിടെ പരിശോധിക്കുക: <https://mcdc-election-compass.toolforge.org/>

മുഴുവൻ അറിയിപ്പും വായിക്കുക: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

സെക്യൂർപോളിൽ വോട്ട് ചെയ്യുക: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

ആശംസകളോടെ,

മൂവ്മെന്റ് സ്ട്രാറ്റജി & ഗവേണൻസ് ടീം, വിക്കിമീഡിയ ഫൗണ്ടേഷൻ


05:54, 13 ഒക്ടോബർ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-42[തിരുത്തുക]

20:53, 18 ഒക്ടോബർ 2021 (UTC)

താങ്കളുടെ മൂവ്മെന്റ് സ്ട്രാറ്റജി പ്ലാനുകളെ മൂവ്മെന്റ് സ്ട്രാറ്റജി ഇംപ്ലിമെന്റേഷൻ ഗ്രാന്റുകൾക്ക് എങ്ങനെ പിന്തുണയ്ക്കാമെന്ന് അറിയുക[തിരുത്തുക]

മൂവ്മെന്റ് സ്ട്രാറ്റജി ഇംപ്ലിമെന്റേഷൻ ഗ്രാന്റുകൾ ഇപ്പോൾ $2,000 USD-ൽ കൂടുതൽ തുക പദ്ധതികൾ ആസൂത്രണം ചെയ്യുന്നത്തിന് നൽകുന്നു. മൂവ്മെന്റ് സ്ട്രാറ്റജി ഇംപ്ലിമെന്റേഷൻ ഗ്രാന്റുകൾ, മാനദണ്ഡങ്ങൾ, എങ്ങനെ അപേക്ഷിക്കാം എന്നിവയെക്കുറിച്ച് കൂടുതൽ കണ്ടെത്തുക MNadzikiewicz (WMF) (സംവാദം) 09:01, 24 ഒക്ടോബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-43[തിരുത്തുക]

20:08, 25 ഒക്ടോബർ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-44[തിരുത്തുക]

20:28, 1 നവംബർ 2021 (UTC)

പുതിയ പ്രസ്ഥാന ചാർട്ടർ ഡ്രാഫ്റ്റിംഗ് കമ്മിറ്റി അംഗങ്ങളെ കണ്ടുമുട്ടൂ[തിരുത്തുക]

കൂടുതൽ ഭാഷകൾPlease help translate to your language

പ്രസ്ഥാന ചാർട്ടർ ഡ്രാഫ്റ്റിംഗ് കമ്മിറ്റി തിരഞ്ഞെടുപ്പും സെലക്ഷൻ പ്രക്രിയകളും പൂർത്തിയായിരിക്കുന്നു.

സമിതിയുടെ പ്രവർത്തനം ഉടൻ ആരംഭിക്കും. വൈവിധ്യവും വൈദഗ്ധ്യവും തമ്മിലുള്ള വിടവുകൾ നികത്താൻ സമിതിക്ക് മൂന്ന് അംഗങ്ങളെ കൂടി നിയമിക്കാനാകും.

പ്രസ്ഥാന ചാർട്ടർ ഡ്രാഫ്റ്റിംഗ് പ്രക്രിയയിൽ ഏർപ്പെടാൻ നിങ്ങൾക്ക് താൽപ്പര്യമുണ്ടെങ്കിൽ, മെറ്റയിലെ അപ്‌ഡേറ്റുകൾ പിന്തുടർന്ന് ടെലിഗ്രാം ഗ്രൂപ്പിൽ ചേരുക

നന്ദിയോടെ പ്രസ്ഥാന സ്ട്രാറ്റജി & ഗവേണൻസ് ടീം.
RamzyM (WMF) 02:37, 2 നവംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Tech News: 2021-45[തിരുത്തുക]

20:36, 8 നവംബർ 2021 (UTC)

Celebrating 18 years of Wikisource[തിരുത്തുക]

Hello Wikisource enthusiasts and friends of Wikisource,

I hope you are doing alright! I would like to invite you to celebrate 18 years of Wikisource.

The first birthday party is being organized on 24 November 2021 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM UTC (check your local time) where the incoming CEO of the WMF, Maryana Iskendar, will be joining us. Feel free to drop me a message on my talk page, telegram (@satdeep) or via email (sgillഫലകം:@wikimedia.org) to add your email address to the calendar invite.

Maryana is hoping to learn more about the Wikisource community and the project at this event and it would be really nice if you can share your answers to the following questions:

  • What motivates you to contribute to Wikisource?
  • What makes the Wikisource community special?
  • What are the major challenges facing the movement going forward?
  • What are your questions to Maryana?

You can share your responses during the live event but in case the date and the time doesn't work for you, you can share your responses on the event page on Wikisource or in case you would like to remain anonymous, you can share your responses directly with me.

Also, feel free to reach out to me in case you would like to give a short presentation about your and your community's work at the beginning of the session.

We are running a poll to find the best date and time to organize the second birthday party on the weekend right after 24th November. Please share your availability on the following link by next Friday:

https://framadate.org/zHOi5pZvhgDy6SXn

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (സംവാദം) 09:10, 12 നവംബർ 2021 (UTC)[reply]

on behalf of User:SGill (WMF)

Tech News: 2021-46[തിരുത്തുക]

22:06, 15 നവംബർ 2021 (UTC)

Tech News: 2021-47[തിരുത്തുക]

20:02, 22 നവംബർ 2021 (UTC)